The following has been obtained from the NM Governor’s Office:
1. Real Estate brokerages and REALTOR® Associations must close their physical offices. Real estate brokers/staff and Association staff must work remotely;
2. Brokers may NOT have personal interaction with customers/clients or those involved in the real estate transaction; all communications must be done remotely. Open Houses are prohibited.
3. Properties MAY continue to be shown; however, the buyer must visit and inspect the property without the broker.*
4. Inspections, repairs, appraisals and other services as required by the Purchase Agreement may continue; however, again, the broker cannot have personal interactions with the individuals performing these services; all communication/interaction must be done remotely.
5. Title companies MAY continue to Close transactions.
6. Real Estate has been crucial to keeping our economy going since this pandemic began and we strongly believe that it is an essential service. NMAR will continue to work with the Governor’s Office and the Public Health Officials to specifically return real estate to the list of “essential businesses” in the next public health order.
To assist in that endeavor, you may wish to contact the Governor’s Office directly at the following address/phone:
490 Old Santa Fe Trail Room 400
Santa Fe, NM 87501
Phone: (505) 476-2200
Toll free: (833) 520-0020
To send an email to Governor Lujan Grisham, visit